Sunday, November 16, 2014

Run For God #RFG



Most of you know I was leading a class at my Church on Sunday afternoons. It was called Run For God. The class was geared for people who had never really ran a 5K. We would have a devotion and share our thoughts and then it went into different parts of Running. The basics and built up from there in preparing us for a 5K at the end of the study. So yesterday was our 5K we picked to do! It was freezing due to the Polar Vortex. So I had 4 consistent faithful ladies that ran yesterday's race. I was so proud of how hard they worked( 3 days a week of training and 1 of those days was training as a group). They showed themselves yesterday they can do anything. I waited at the finish line to snap all their hard work into a treasured picture. These ladies ran their race and no one else's! 

The study reminded us over and over  that God gives us our own race and it is one we must run! I thought the whole time I was running and preparing myself for that race yesterday. But in reality it was my race to beat TNBC! The Lord was preparing me physical and mental for what lies ahead of me! So Tuesday is my "Starting Line" at 7:45 and my "Finish Line" will be that last dose of Chemo! 
I have so many friends that will be cheering for me and lifting up up along the way! I will Fight Like A Girl! 
#fightlikeagirl #teambrandi

I leave us with this verse:

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! 

Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment