Saturday, November 8, 2014

On The Mend!

Good Evening!
I am just giving a quick update. I am on the mend. Praise the Lord. Still sore. The swelling in my neck and the port site has gone down some. It looks so weird with bump now on my chest. I have glue to hold the skin together. I will be glad when it heals enough to see how it looks. Its pretty small. It is called a Power Port. It's purple. But no one will see it since it is under the skin. I will be glad to start chemo and get blood drawn this way instead of in my veins that don't like to cooperate! Less pain and bruising I hope. You should see my arms they look pitiful. Bruises on both arms in many different areas. My friend washed my hair tonight. When she saw the bruises she said "Look at your arms!" Told y'all they look bad! I can not get the site wet and its very tender leaning over so she washed my hair in the sink tonight! It is that or greasy hair! I am very thankful her and for the new kitchen faucet Spencer put in a few months ago! It now comes in handy. 

Well I will say Sweet Dreams and Good Night! I am spent!! I need some good rest tonight! Have a blessed evening and I hope you all make time to Worshipping the One who created us! Make time and do not make excuses!


I leave you with this verse. It is a reminder that who I am now is not who I was in my past.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has gone and the new has come!


Brandi

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the up dates. Alex was so little when he was going through treatment I never really knew how he was feel because it was very difficult for him to explain. I will tell you that he had no bruising at his port site when he got Chemotherapy or blood work, plus it's a much safer way to administer your chemotherapy. Your such a trooper, and your faith is going to carry you through this my sweet friend. Praying for you. Good night and sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile. You have the best attitude and seem to be handling it well for the most part. Your strength and God will help you overcome this battle that's so stinking mean. We WILL fights like Girls. I'm thankful for you to Brandi Lou!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you continue on this journey. I hope it is short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete