Saturday, November 1, 2014

Makes My Head Spin!!

Good Morning,

Yesterday was the day I had my first Oncologist Appointment. Talk about a lot of info, GINORMOUS  words that I can not and will never pronounce or spell correctly. It was one tough appointment! I found out what type of Breast Cancer I have. It is called Triple Negative Breast Cancer. It more aggressive than other types of breast cancers. Which SUCKS! That means I will have to fight a little harder. I have been asked to be in a Clinical Study Phase 3. I will not bombard you with the all the details except this is how my journey will start.
Tuesday November 4th I will go for a PET scan. After that I will go back to my Surgeon for another biopsy. The study needs fresh tissue to determine which part of the study would I benefit more from.
Then I will be wrapped back up in an Ace bandage and icing for the rest of the day and next.
On Thursday I go for my Echocardiogram at St. Thomas Midtown. Following that I will stay and have my Port Placement. Then if all T's are crossed and all i's are dotted I should start Chemo next week on the 11th. The chemo treatments should go like this.

Chemotherapy Segment 1

12 weeks of Chemo once a week for 12 weeks.

Chemotherapy Segment 2

4weeks with 2 weeks in between.

That is a total of 20 weeks that is way more than I had hoped for. But God knows this journey and knows I must be able to handle it. Which is awesome to type and even say. But really my heart is pounding thinking OMGoodness can I really do this? Of course I am freaked out about chemotherapy but I am trusting the Lord and squeezing His hand SUPER tight! The appointment made this so really yesterday. Yes finding out was a huge shock but nothing really changed. Then this appointment yesterday and all the prep work that I have ahead of me this week is like reality hitting me in the face. I was so freaked out about loosing my hair, now loosing my hair doesn't seem half bad!
During the appointment yesterday all I could think about was Queen Esther again. She was brave and scared but she was faithful to the Lord in the command that He needed her to do. That is what I am feeling right now. God has gave me my command to battle this cancer. I must be brave and fight. It won't be easy and it's going to be challenging but I will fight. God is on my side and I have so much love and support from family and friends God has placed in my life.
Promise today you will look around you and truly LOOK and see the beauty in everything. God is alive and all around us. Be blessed and never take things for granted again. I am just as guilty as the next person. Until my next post. I leave us with this verse.

Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid!


Brandi

7 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring! I am praying for you and your family. I want to share a scripture with you that I have been chewing on all week....Psalm 116: 1&2 HE IS INCLINING HIS EAR TO YOU!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, we are with you 100% and we love you! We are praying for you and know that God will be with you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave and God is moving in mighty ways through you to bring Glory to Himself and to bring others to Him! You are loved and lifted up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for strength, peace and comfort for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandi! I love you! I know you'll kick this thing's tail! You're a fighter with an army of people who love you praying for you! You've got this! <3 -Michaela Baswell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi before I lost all my hair due to treatment 14 years ago, I did cut my hair and donated it for children with cancer. They made wig(s) out of it.
    You are not alone in this fight. We walk with you and pray for you. We love you

    ReplyDelete