Thursday, November 6, 2014

Oh Me Oh My!!!

Oh my, today was a day that kicked my butt! My veins were not cooperative today. The first nurse tried 3 times with no success! They had to call in someone else. He had a hard time as well! While I was miserable getting stuck over and over I was having my Echocardigram at the same time. My nerves were shot to say the least! People working on both sides of me. Poor Spence was sitting in the chair looking helpless! But he's the only thing that kept me from not crying. 
So once I finally got my IV in they had to stick me again to draw blood for my labs! The whole time I was begging the Lord to let them find the veins! 
This port thing was sounding better and better. 
We ended up waiting hours but finally got wheeled back to get my port placed. The placement was weird. I was awake the whole time but didn't feel much. Pressure mostly. It is so weird being in the operating room and awake. I feel loopy. Drugs are a double edge sword. Because I feel like crap now. Going from healthy to all this crap is horrible. I know this is my battle to fight. So I am just a wounded warrior today. My body hurts tonight. Your prayers are so appreciated. I had tears flowing afterwards because this is getting more and more real. This thing is overwhelming at times but I will fight.
  Here is a picture of my port. I just got back to my room. I will be giving you the good, the bad and the ugly! I want to be transparent with my journey. I will praise you in the storm Lord. 

Brandi 

11 comments:

  1. You are amazing B! Most days I am at a loss for words, but never doubt that every day I am present and waiting here for an update. All my love, hope, and prayers are with you. And seriously, how do you still look so gorgeous after all that today? #Superwoman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, I am so sorry that you have to go through all this. Our prayers are with you. God will see you through this. Love and prayers to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used essential oils kn my friends sight and it helped heal up with less pain. I am praying for you. ( frankincense and lavender)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even after all that you still look so BEAUTIFUL! I'm praying for God to reward your Faith with a Miracle XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all that you still look amazing. Keep that positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful inside and out.
    Carole D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! Your strength and transparency are so impressive. Sending prayers up. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for strength for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14
    I'm Hunter's Mimi. We will continue remembering you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brandi, you are an amazing Woman of God.
    Lord, thank You for loving Brandi and always being with her. Please allow her to sense Your presence more than ever during this journey in her life. Amen

    ReplyDelete