Tuesday, November 18, 2014

1 Down 15 More To Go!


Well Good Evening! Sorry I haven't posted until now! I was under the influence of a few drugs today. :)  I want to start from the beginning. First of all let's acknowledge that Jesus hears our prayers! My morning was a little cra-cra! Spencer and I left a little bit later than we wanted and TRAFFIC was a nightmare getting downtown! I was late for my 1 Chemo appointment. But got there about 20 mins later than I should of. I got right in and they love my blood...They seem to not get enough of it! 10 vials today! 10!! The poor nurse felt bad she had to take that much from me. I was a good patient and my veins were covered in your prayers so it was not a problem today. Thank you Jesus! Then after the labs I went for a routine check up and cleared for Round One. Yay!! Well.... Not really Yay! But you get my point.
So on to the crazy Part 2 of the morning. So my lovely hubsters had an issue over the weekend and didn't feel to well. So while we were telling(I was telling) my Oncologist what was wrong with him,she called in a favor and got him in to see the Hiney Doctor. He had a friend down there that was not going away. I know, I know TMI but his whole blog is kinda transparent so ya'll just hang in there! 
So Spence left me to go see the doctor which was a huge blessing. He was not feeling spunky at alI. I went to the infusion room and started getting my port ready and lots of info was being thrown at me and explained to me what my day would be like. So an hour went by and the nurses started my infusion I started felling loopy with the Benadryl drip. It was getting harder and harder to focus and not close my eyes to listen to the nurse. So I was a little nervous since Spence was not back yet. I opened my eyes and I got to see a familiar face. Mrs.Pam from our church. She was just dropped off a gift for me and asked where Spencer was. I had to explain! Poor guy! So she ended up staying with me most of my treatment until Spence got back. He was gone so long because he had to have a little outpatient surgery! I know! CRAZY!! Not what we had expected but it was so nice to have Mrs. Pam there because she and I have the same surgeon and Oncology Doctor. She is a BC SUVIVIOR! It was a divine appointment. She kept me calm and helped me all day! Spence got there last 30 mins with me and the nurse talked and explained things to him. Over all it was a great day! I know I said great day! It floors me too. But nothing is impossible with God! 
Thanks to everyone who prayed,called , txted, and social media messaged me. I was covered in your prayers! I hope to have a good rest of the week too! I wasn't sick at all. I ate and drank all day and held down my dinner(Pot Roast and Veggies). 
I have meds to take for the trial everyday. 2 pills twice daily. And then on days I get my Carbo drip I take 2 pills for 2 days after that. I have my Zofran for nausea and I have Ginger(oils, cookies and natural ginger ale).

So I will leave us with this verse to chew on: 
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God! Bend down and listen as I pray. (Psalms 17:6 NLT)

Brandi 

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Came by to visit you tonight and this girl was doing great! She was in her kitchen doing the darn dishes!!!!!! Sweeping the floor......it's like she hadn't even had chemo today! God is good and I hope that you continue to feel so good! Seeing your smiling face was even better! Praise Jesus that today ended up a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I have been praying specifically for very little sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well. We will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keep praying for you and also for your family. Sending love, hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete