Monday, November 3, 2014

Encouragement

Hello, 

Just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to everyone that has sent me a message, text, cards, flowers, T-shirts, DoTerra Oils, gifts and talked to me in person. Your thoughtfulness has touch my heart. I am so humbled by all kind words. At church yesterday we had a sermon on The Power of Our Words: Source of Encouragement. Here are some of my take aways that I jotted down.

-Build Others Up: 
Its so important to lift one another up.
If you can not say anything nice, then do not say nothing at all.
If we are not encouraging others in this life then it makes God so sad. God tells us to love others not treat them like crap. 
-Be Different. Do not be like the world.
In Ephesians 4:29-32 it tells us specifically what to get rid of in our lives. As Christ followers were need to be a better example then what the world tells us to be. We need to remove those characteristics that henders us from being all that God has called us to be. 

I have been guilty at times. But I do try to live each day for the one that created me! We are not perfect. But we should try daily to live as Jesus did. He's the only one that I have ever found to be perfect.
But as I read your sweet words I have been so ENCOURAGED. When I have needed to be lifted up BOOM I get the sweet messages from you. It reassures me that my God is beside me. 

That is why I wanted to write about this today. You have been building me up! And I have so needed it. You are doing the Lord's will. You are being obedient to the Lord. You are being the hands and feet of Jesus. So thank you! I leave us with this verse.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 

Brandi



No comments:

Post a Comment