Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Segment I: Round 3 and 9 More to go!

Hello Everyone!


Today Spencer's Mom(Angela) took me to my treatment. I got there at 9:30 to get a blood draw from my Surgeon's Office for a study I am in for them. The study he is doing to see how my body reacts to Chemotherapy after treatments. Then I headed down to my Oncologists office for my treatment. I had another blood draw and it was a go for round 3. Yay 9 more left. I was excited I got my same chair. I sure hope I get my spot every time(I almost didn't, I had to wait about 5 minutes and moved to it) I call it my lucky chair. Even my sweet nurse Denise expected me to be there today when she came to clean my port she looked there. 
Today as I got my Benadryl, Steroids, my Taxol had a hole in the bag and had to stop. Which was a little scary. I was not sure what was going to happen. But the Sarah Canon Research Center had to mix and send a new bag over to my Doctor's office. It caused me to run an hour later than expected. But the cool thing was during that time #TeamMartina came and passed out Christmas stockings out to all of the cancer patients. They sang Christmas Carols and visited with each of us. They had special stockings for the Breast Cancer patients. If you are wondering like I was Team Martina is Martina McBrides charity that she does every year. I thought it was so cool she had a team come and brighten our day with those sweet stockings. I got candy, a Amy Grant christmas cd, pens and a cute pink hipster bag with a pink ribbon on it. I will post a picture of it on Facebook. 

Next week I will have a treatment on Thursday since my Doctor will be out of town next week and I will see another on call doctor. I will have Benadryl, Steroid, Taxol and Carboplatin. Plus I take my study drug 2 times daily. Then for the next 2 days after that I have to take steroid pills. This is my treatment every 4 week.  The in between weeks I take just the study drugs, Taxol.  I seem to be getting the hang of it. I am trying to make the best of it. I have been so blessed by all of this. Finding the beauty and blessings in everything makes you put things into perspective. It makes you see that things could be far worse and it not as bad as it seems. God's got this! 
While I was at my treatment today looking around I could see so many others battling for their lives. It sure makes me want to go in there and give them Hope and be a light. I met another Breast cancer lady today. Her name was Kim. It was her last day of treatment. She was so beautiful. She was a warrior. She was the total opposite of me. She was triple positive. It really amazes me how every kind of BC is so different. Every treatment is different. But we are all so supportive and open with each other. It was so neat to talk to a lady that was a first time Chemo patient today. She was a newbie and got to give her some helpful tips and encourage her. Plus she had her surgery before treatment so she shared with me.  

As I said before and will always say God is so good. He gives us everything we need and always has the best time. Thanks for your txts, and calls today. I felt them as the day went on. I will leave us with this verses:

Romans 12:2, 6-12 (NLT)

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you ,which is good and pleasing and perfect.
6 In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have the gift of showing kindness to others, do it gladly. Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically! Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.


Brandi ;)

2 comments:

  1. You are so very brave! And praises go up that your doing so well with it all! I live at girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi you are such a beautiful person inside and out. You have such a good and caring Christian heart and soul. I can not say enough about how brave you are. You are so encouraging to everyone even in the mist of your own battle. I love you dearly and will do anything in the world that you need me to do. Aunt MJ

    ReplyDelete