Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"Christmas"

Quick update on today before I get in to my post for today: Today went good. Blood work was okay I guess. They didn't mention anything to me. I claiming no news equals good news! I go back to my regular Tuesday Chemo Day next week. It will be week six. That's half way through my first segment! Praise the Lord! 
Okay now I want to get to the whole Title of this blog post is: Christmas! Christmas for most people would say it's a Holiday season in December. The Holiday after Thanksgiving. A night when Santa comes and brings good little boys or girls their special Christmas wish/wants. Or the time we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Would you agree? Well of course you would! All the above are correct in some people's beliefs. In the post tonight, I pray you hear my heart.  My heart has seen something so amazing and it is what I want you to stop and think about. 
Okay, let's get started. Since October my mind and emotions have been on a roller coaster. Since day one of finding out I had Breast Cancer, so many people have showed me love, compassion, kindness , goodness, faithfulness(in praying for me), encouragment, thoughtfulness and even tenderness. I have been overwhelmed in a GREAT and HUMBLING way. It has felt like "Christmas". Are you wondering what I mean? Well what I am referring to is all the ways you have showed me as I mentioned a few sentences ago. That is all the things I think of especially around the Christmas season.  We see tons of these things people are doing. We see it out in stores with Angel Trees. We see it with people collecting food for those to have a nice dinner to eat. Making sure those precious children get that shoe box filled with their basic needs/supplies and a treat that lights up their eyes. Most of our kids would just toss it aside and not see what we wanted it to be. Even that family struggling to make ends meet we dig in our pockets to make them have a special Christmas and it bring them joy. But in return it fills our hearts too that we were able to do that. That's what Christmas is to me. All the things Jesus taught us about loving others and making his presence known throughout the world. For people to recieve that special gift of salvation.  
I truly have felt the "gift" of all my friends and family and even strangers. It has been Christmas feeling. Some people have asked what I wanted for Christmas and I am so glad to say nothing. I feel like I have everything I need or want! Going through this journey has opened my eyes to a whole new perceptive of life and how fragile it is and not as much time as we think we have. I have Jesus, my healthy beauty family, and amazing family/friends. I am in great hands at the Oncologist office, I will be healed(claiming it as He tell us too)and people have help feed us, help raise funds to meet our deductible. Even tonight I received an anonymous typed letter and cashiers check that wanted to help us during this journey we are facing and I cried! It was so humbling to think someone thought of me and my family. I pray this family is blessed tenfold for their sacrifice and obedience for showing the true meaning of Christmas. I was able to be in a study which covers so much of my treatment. And having an additional Cancer policy that cover crazy things like my custom wig I had made. God has blessed me more than I could ever IMAGINE! There is so many more amazing, mind blowing things that HE has done I am saving for another post.  

As I close I want to say and ask God to bless everyone that has thought of my family during this journey. Prayerfully and Financially.  I also pray that we will be able to give back all which what was given to us and be able to help others when they face what we were given. 

I leave us with these verses:  
You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” 
(Acts 20:34-35 NLT)
 

3 comments:

  1. SO proud of the person you are and how you glorify His Name through all of this! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blessing to me! I love the person God has made you to be! You are strong and courageous! I love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to know that your faith is not tainted. You are incredibly strong and set an amazing platform for your children. My heart is reminded that all things come from faith and prayer. We love you and are always thinking of you. Your journey reminds me of one I once followed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete