Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Round 6


Today was the half way point of my first segment! Six more left of going once a week! It has flown by so fast to me. I see the doctor again for my check up and double dose of chemo! Taxol and Carbo! Today was good. I showed up in my new long wig. The nurses were like OMGoodness it looks like your real hair before you cut it. They all were touching it and admiring it. Even getting this wig was a blessing. My insurance would not cover wigs. So I knew it would be an out of pocket expense. Never thought I be asking for a wig for a Christmas present.  I looked a tried on several but could not decide on one that was me. Or that made me felt like myself. I went to HPI and had a free consultation(which means these were pricey). I got excited that they could make a wig to look like my natural hair before I chopped it off. They matched and made the color match and even gave my my thick hair back. The lady was great and knowledgeable about insurance and told me to check with our Cancer policy since insurance wouldn't.  So I was reluctant to call, So I waited to call the next day trying to not get my hopes up just in case it wasn't covered and told God in my prayers I was not going to get upset or be too vain about not getting the wig. But God amazed me even with the way he worked this wig issue out. It was 100% covered. I have seen God in the smallest of my details and the biggest ones too through this journey. I know I am sensitive to His presence during this time and I am humbled and in awe of His details and plans He has for me! Praise God from all blessings flow!

I had a visitor the other day and they had so many questions about everything and I was so excited about recalling all what the Lord has done and WILL do on my behalf. It brought tears to their eyes. I prayed the Lord touched their heart and and spoke to them. In our conversation I said I felt like Peter when they were in the boat in the storm. Peter looked out on the water and saw Jesus walking on the water. Peter called out and Jesus told him to step out and walk on the water like He was. Peter had to keep his eyes on Jesus and if he took his eyes off or he would sink. I am Peter right now and I am focusing my eyes on Jesus through this "storm" I am in. I will not sink! I will press on. He says to ask and He will give you the desires of your heart. I am claiming healing and to bless others through this battle! Love ya'lol and thanks for your prayers! They are what is keeping my eyes focused. 

I leave us with this verse:
Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart.

Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment