Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Surgery and Recovery Update

Well as you know surgery was May 4. Everything went fine. The lymnodes looked clear. They still sent them off for a full pathological report. Should know more about that on Wednesday(May 13). I came home and have been recovering. I've done well. Gaining strength more everyday. I try to get out and walk around daily. This surgery is pretty painful. Thank the good Lord for pain pills. I have been weaning myself from taking them about every 6 hours now, after a week since surgery. And none through the night. I have felt weird not being able to do anything for myself. It's just weird! I am little Miss Independent. So it's a struggle! 
I've had my Inlaws here last week and this week I have my Mom in town. They have done an amazing job helping us out. We are thankful for all our lovely family and friends that have been so supportive through all of this. 
Oh I told you thinks have been going well in the recover part until yesterday. I had a drain get clogged with what looked like chicken fat or part of a tendon(sorry it was gross) it was causing my drain to back up and hurt. I could not take a deep breath yesterday cause of the sharp pain. It was causing me to be very gassy. Which I had to take gas-x and sip on a coke for the carbonation to burp. It was the only way to get relief. Thankfully my super hero of a Hubby got it unclogged after milking my tube several times. I started to feel better as evening went on. I slept good last night and feel better today. I hope to get 2 tubes taken out tomorrow. It would be amazing if all 4 could come out. 
I am WARNING you I will be posting a pick of those drains. It make not be for the weak stomachs. I have taken pics of my chest but not sure how I feel about posting on the Internet. I don't want to offend anyone. But I wanted a timeline of pics for myself to reflect on. 

We'll have a blessed day and keep praying those nodes were clear so I can shout from the mountain tops CANCER FREE. If those nodes are clear that means I had a 100% Patological response. God is faithful and hears our prayers!!!

I leave us with this sweet nugget:
I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.
 (Psalms 62:1-2 NLT)

Brandi

2 comments: