Thursday, May 28, 2015

Post Op Week #3 Update

This picture shows the part that was inside of me. Spencer said it was like a French Drain. The picture above you can see the little channels the fluid moved through. Pretty cool! Not so cool when they are yanked out of you at the count of 3! Man I could of slapped somebody! No Joke! 

Hallelujah! I had the last and final drain removed on Tuesday. I am no longer Octo-Girl! Think about that... I had 4 drains and 2 arms and legs! Haha! Now I feel better. No measuring and milking. The fluid level was finally down enough to take the last one out. So I still have been taking sponge baths! Sponge baths since May 4th. I need a huge scrubing! Oh and tonight is the night! I can't wait. I wish I had one of those water heaters that NEVER run out of water! I feel like I might be in there awhile! I promise I will splurge and use all the hot water tonight only. 
Today 5/28 I went and had a 1 month check up with my Oncologist. All good news! Blood counts are looking good! She said I had more RBC than I have had in almost 6 months! I have enough fighters to fight now if I got an infection. Heart was good. BP was 98/62  They said see you in 3 months. That's kinda exciting since I have been there so much in the last 6 months. I am so grateful for them though! They had a right plan of action to rid me of Cancer. I will be forever thankful for them and God's healing powers. I do believe God gives them the tools to heal us. Chemotherapy was what fixed me and with all your prayers and God's mercy! So onto chatting with you all about Reconstruction of my breasts! Sorry if this offends anyone. This is all medical mumbo-jumbo! The implants are in. They were filled slightly during surgery. I do believe 180cc. I will be going on Tuesday to have my first fill. They will do 50cc at a time here on out until I get to the desired look I am going for. I will post a pic of that  on Tuesday. It will be to show you the progression. PLEASE don't freak out . It's all for the knowledge of the aftermath of Breast cancer! I wish there was a blog for me to follow to get great tips and pics of what's to come. I sure hope this blog helps someone. I feel God has given me this to help others be brave and to show that leaning on Him instead of our own ways is best! See here is an example of what I didn't know. Most women have radical mastectomies. I had nipple sparing. The Physicians Assistant said WOW. Those look great. You got to keep your nipples. I don't normal see a lot of ladies with nipples. Let's end on that note! Let's talk Summer Time. :)

Well my kids are out of school and we aren't staying home. We have lot of fun time to make up! We are ready for the pool, the beach, river, boat rides, late nights, movies, games,trips, cook outs, and family/friends! 
Have a wonderful Summer! Take nothing for granted and find the beauty in EVERYTHING! 

YOLO :) 

I leave is with this verse:
I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. 
(Genesis 12:2 NLT)

Brandi



No comments:

Post a Comment