Sunday, May 17, 2015

2 Weeks Post-Op

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week! I just felt I need to catch you up about surgery and recovery! NO RADATION! Node was clear!! They only ended up needing to take 1 of them. That's super duper news! I am 100% pathological and clinically Cancer Free! Thank Jesus for your healing powers! 
Now for recovery:
I am better than I was a week ago! Pain has gone down. Pain pill about 6-8 hours. None needed through the night. 
My chest area has looked like a rainbow these past 2 weeks. Drains are changing to a more clear color. Which is great news. I hope this Thursday I will get 2 out. Or even all of them. The right side I still has 2 drains and the left just 1. The right side has more work done so it's healing slower. Over all the Dr's are pleased with recovery. That makes me so happy. I still have minimum movement. I say I have T-Rex arms. I can't reach very far at all or lift my arm. Being dependent on someone else to help you pull up/down your pants and bath you is frustrating. It is reminding me to "Be Still". God has shown me so many things this part of the journey from the Chemo part. 
I feel like this part of the journey is the renewing part! Pressing forward from the old to the new. The reminder that we  have to suffer sometimes to see the beauty on the other side. That through pain comes joy. Everything is not easy. But it's worth it! And with that comes a different view of the world on so many levels. That what I thought was important  in something doesn't seem that way now! Also the unknown is scary but if you keep your eyes on Jesus and surrender the issue to Him and trust Him to get you throught it. 
Oh let's talk updates! 
Hair....Its growing! Everywhere is starting to get peach fuzz! Looking at myself in the mirror I can see a faint shadow of hair  on my head. Eyebrow hairs are coming in. But go figure they are where I usually PLUCK. Really? Come on hair work with me! :) 
Have a great week! Thanks for your prayers! And please continue to pray recovery keeps on going as planned. I leave us with this verse:
O LORD, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone! (Jeremiah 17:14 NLT)

Brandi

2 comments: