Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 15 Update

It happen... I had to wait a week but I was able to get chemo on Tuesday March 24th. 15 treatments completed. That meant in my mind YAY one more left! To me this is what is pictured in my head. I am at the last turn I see the finish line in my sight. The crowd is getting excited and cheering me on! I am so close to running through that ribbon and getting my metal! As Jesus said on the cross "It is finished" I will be so glad to say those words! I know I am going to have bittersweet tears! Tears of where I came from and where I am headed! Not going to dwell on what was but what's the next step to finally Kicking Cancer's Bootie! 
I will meet with my surgeon on Good Friday! I am so hoping for "Good News". I hope they do an ultrasound and see nothing but where the cancer was! And the Doctor will tell me the details of how he will do the surgery. I hope the nipples will be able to be saved and have one less thing in the reconstruction process. 
I know he will be thrilled to know how good the tumor responded to chemotherapy. He was the one that encouraged me to do chemotherapy first and see that tumor shrink! I will update you on Friday. My last and final chemotherapy will be April 7th. Stay tuned that day. I am sure I will be posting more than once that day. Sorry I haven't posted until tonight. I had a pretty rough week. Chemo was the same ,touchy stomach,not really wanting food and trying to drink lots of fluids. The Neulasta shot of course hurt like the dickens! (What is a dickens?) :) My bones were super sensitive!! Putting on or taking off a shirt hurt. I could not even wear a seatbelt or my purse on my shoulder. It's was a rough 3 days after that shot! I know it was just doing its job with helping my RBC but oh man, it made me HURT! 

Well thank you all for following my blog! I hope it encourages you in some way! I know God uses experiences in our lives to be able to help someone else along the way! I know someone else reading this blog might face this beast too and I want them to have HOPE! To be BRAVE. And most of all remember that God is with you every step of the way! Somedays He has to carry me but others days I run with all I have to make up for the days I could not run and He had to carry me! 

I leave is with this verse:
“In the past you have encouraged many people; you have strengthened those who were weak. (Job 4:3 NLT)

Brandi

4 comments:

  1. I'm cheering you on Brandi.You are so encouraging and a fighter because you know God knew you would be going thru this mess..but He is Enough....You're beautiful..~you are loved~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers follow you through your journey :) Keep up the fight <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow! Your last chemo. Yea! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow! Your last chemo. Yea! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete