Monday, March 2, 2015

Chemo Eve and Another Funny

It's the eve before round 2 of my AC chemotherapy and I am a little anxious. I am not ready to feel like I did the first go around. Many days after those rough 2 days I still wasn't feeling too well. But on the bright side I will only have 2 left after tomorrow. 2 out of the 16.  Wow! I can hardly believe that. What a journey this has been. 
I have a little funny story to tell you. It's about what my innocent little Izzy asked me last night while sitting on my bed with me. She asked "Mama when you have your surgery will they give you metal boobs with skin over them?" Well I was surprised by what she said and caught Spence in the closet door way stopped and having a silent laugh. I answered her by saying "You said metal boobs! No honey...(laughing myself) they won't be giving me metal boobs. Then she said "Well, baggies filled with water in them?" We all 3 laughed again and I said "yeah something like that". One last funny. Braxton and Izzy are wondering about my wig coming off in the ocean when we go to the beach. They don't want the waves to take "Brandi" away!  Bald Head probs! :) 
OMGoodness, I love her so much! I am so glad she is asking and wondering about the next steps. I am glad she feels open and not scared like she was when we first told them about my cancer. 

I leave us with this scripture: 
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
 1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV
<3
Brandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment