Saturday, April 25, 2015

2 Weeks Post Chemo

Appointment. Appointments. I had several this week. Physical Therapy, to get a baseline to help treat me after surgery. Blood work! More blood to study  markers in my blood post chemo. Then my follow up appointment with my Oncologist. I will see her one month after my surgery. Then I start my every 3 months appointment.
Oh I forgot to mention earlier I had my MRI this week too. I got those results! Just as the ultrasound showed the MRI confirmed! The tumor got its bootie kicked by the chemo! It makes all those weeks and months totally worth it!  I really give God the Glory for it. He is the ultimate healer and He heard our prayers! I am so glad it's gone. And I get to have the surgery to remove all Breast tissue for it to never come back! I have surgery in 9 days! Eek.... I am a little nervous about being put to sleep and the pain I will be feeling afterwards! But it will be with it in the end. I will be here for my family and friends! God wasn't finished with me yet! Wow! To have that feeling knowing that God of the Universe has plans still for you is amazing. It makes you have a totally different vision of your life! Take nothing for granted and find the beauty in everyday! Let your light shine so others see Jesus in you! Be prepared to share Jesus with any and everyone that God places in your life. Tell them how God has  changed your life or share your life's story. 

Update: I can feel prickly little fuzz on my head. Still no eyebrows! Those are painted on! Eyelashes are coming in slowly and spratic. No mascara anytime soon! 

I leave us with this verses:
Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone. (Colossians 4:5-6 NLT)

Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for this happy news. I hope the kiddos have a place to be during the surgery. I could possibly volunteer if Heather Eum's baby would hurry and get here. I'm on baby watch to keep Zane until the grandparents can arrive.

    ReplyDelete