Friday, April 10, 2015

16 rounds in the books!


First of all I want to thank Rachel for my awesome shirt and socks! Tammy for my cuffs and crown! Wonder Woman was a fun way to end my chemotherapy! Thank you Michelle for the yummy cookies! I hope you get lots of orders! Most of all thank you to my wonderful Husband that was with me every chance he could! He was my Rock and I am a blessed women! I sure will miss our Tuesday Day Dates(we made the best of every moment)! I learned He knows French! He says "we" a whole lot! Haha! 

Wow! What a journey to say the least. 12 weeks of weekly chemo. Then another 4 every other week! Not to mention 2 times we had to delay chemo and then a blood transfusion. I am so glad this part is over. With an MRI and ultrasound showing amazing results. I cannot Thank the Lord enough for His mercy and grace He's shown me. I am humbled! I pray that during this time I've been a beacon light for our Lord. I hate to complain about anything because I am reminded by others in treatment that it could be so much more worse! But I wanted to be transparent with you all on this journey. Chemo was tough! My energy levels have never been so low. I don't think I will complain about being tired ever again! Side effects were minimal compared to others. Achy bones...Well the Flu would be welcoming at times. My follow up appt is in 2 weeks. I hope my counts are up really good for surgery. I've been told 6 months to 2 years before my energy level is back to normal. I will work hard getting the right food and exercise in. Hopefully it will help the healing process. I am ready for what life has to offer. I don't think I will take a day for granted ever again! 


Surgery is in sight now! That is exciting and scary all at the same time! One step closer to being done and looking back at how far I've come but yet hitting me in the face of how much I am going to be changed. Not my old self anymore. A piece or pieces that have to be removed. 
It reminds me of the parable the vine and the branch! Does anyone remember that one? Well pruning hurts but it's what's best for the vine to flourish! So that's the mind set I have right now! This all is going to make me stronger person. My roots have defiantly grown deeper in my faith! Trusting and obeying is the only way to survive! 

I leave us with this verse:
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NLT)


Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment