Tuesday, April 14, 2015

1 week after Chemotherapy!

It's been one week since chemo! I am so glad! I don't have to drive to Nashville today or be poked with a needle for labs than again for treatment. Instead I am in comfy clothes and tackling the laundry today. That's a wonderful day to me! The weather is gloomy but I am even enjoying it today. It's putting me in a calming mood. There might even be a possible nap in my future. 

I am posting this picture of me today and will do so hopefully every week to see the progress of the way I look and feel! I am bald as they come. My eyebrows have hung on as long as they could and well frankly they are just about all gone. I will have to let Braxton count them again for you to give you a correct amount! :)
Yes... He really likes to let me know how many I have left! He often reminds me the total or lack there of. Now let's talk eyelashes! Oh how I miss those suckers! Man I would NOT go to the mailbox without mascara back in the day! I would just like to walk to the mailbox and have lashes now! I can see a few new growth lashes right now but not sure if they will make it. 
My head well it's so smooth right now. Not much stubble on the ol' noggin. But from what I here it will soon start to look like a fuzzy little chicken. Good thing I think baby chicks are cute! Sounds like I am about to look like one! I just wonder when am I going to wake up and look in the mirror and not see a Cancer patient? That's what I long for... To wake up and feel and look like the Brandi I remember. I have to be honest the other day I just scrolled through old photos of myself thinking Oh I remember her. It would be nice to look like her again. This is just another part of the journey. So I hope you will come along and watch the transformation begin!  Also as surgery gets here I will add in the progress of that too! 
I will be a new creation. I am that caterpillar eating up and getting ready to make my chrysalis! Before to long we will see the butterfly! 

I leave us with this scripture:
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
 (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT)


Brandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment