Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 11

OMGoodness. I am super excited for my last weekly chemo treatment on Tuesday. 12 weeks has finally come and gone! What a long time coming. February 16th I  will have my first scans. I am claiming the tumor will be gone! Cancer Free is what I want. If the tumor is still there and smaller  I will be relieved that chemo is working and we still have work to do! After the scan on Monday,  I will start the final segment of this study.  I will be done with the study drug. Yay, no more pills to swallow twice a day. I will start chemo treatments of another kind of chemo. These 4 treatments will be every other week. Following the day of each treatment I will have to get a shot in my arm. I believe it's called a Nulasta shot. This shot helps my blood count build back up faster. I should end chemo on March 31! Wonder Woman here I come! 

Surgery will follow and that my friend is a whole other journey. 

I leave us with these verses:
In that day you will say: “Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. 
(Isaiah 12:4-5 NIV)

Brandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment